Dr. M. Ronan Conlon is the founder and Medical Director at the Conlon Eye Institute. Dr. Conlon has been practicing ophthalmology in Saskatoon since 1994. His special interests in ophthalmology include laser refractive surgery, cosmetic eyelid surgery, cataract surgery and oculoplastic surgery.
He completed his residency training in ophthalmology at the University of Western Ontario in 1991. Dr. Conlon has completed 3 years of fellowship training in ophthalmology; one year at Harvard University (1991-1992) and two years at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics (1992-1994). Dr. Conlon first began performing PRK and LASIK surgery in 1995, and was one of the founding refractive surgeons at Horizon Laser Vision Center.
- Medical Director, Conlon Eye Institute, non-hospital accredited independent surgical facility
- Medical Director, Lions Eye Bank, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Attending Refractive Surgeon and Board of Director, Horizon Laser Vision Center, Saskatoon
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of Saskatchewan,
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Chief of Staff, Saskatoon Health Region (2003-2005)
- Head of Ophthalmology, Saskatoon Health Region (2000-2003 and 2009-2011)
- Medical Director, Horizon Laser Vision Centre
What is an Oculoplastic Surgeon?
An oculoplastic (or ophthalmic plastic) and reconstructive surgeon is an ophthalmologist (medical doctor and eye surgeon) who has completed additional training in plastic surgery as it relates to the eyes and their surrounding structures. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is a specialized area of ophthalmology that deals with the management of deformities and abnormalities of the eyelids, lacrimal (tear) system, the orbit (the bony cavity surrounding the eye), and the adjacent face.
Memberships and Licenses
Canadian and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Canadian Association of Ophthalmology
American Academy of Ophthalmology
Member of Saskatoon Health Region with full surgical admitting privileges
Member of Kelsey Trail Health Region with full surgical and admitting privileges
Fully licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan